If you're a developer using Xcode®, you need Watchdog.
Watchdog monitors Xcode and automatically cleans up stale cache files that prevent you from getting a good build. It will save you hours of aggravation dealing with a number of problems you might see including:
- Old images that you've replaced, still showing up in your app.
- The DerivedData folder growing continuously over time, often taking up 10+ gigabytes of space.
- Constants/Defines not updating in the app after you've changed them in the code.
- Localization file changes not being seen.
- Phantom breakpoints and/or breakpoints stopping on the wrong line.
- Xcode refusing to run a build on your device, only reporting something obscure like:
"Error launching remote program: No such file or directory"
You will often clean build, quit Xcode, restart your Mac and devices and sometimes even blow away your entire repo and re-clone, just to try and fix some strange bug that doesn't make sense and won't go away; wasting precious hours.
Don’t waste any more time. Install Watchdog.